Website Acceptable Use Policy
This acceptable use policy sets out the terms between you and us under which you may access our website www.fashionrevolution.org (our site). This acceptable use policy applies to all users of, and visitors to, our site.
Your use of our site means that you accept, and agree to abide by, all the policies in this acceptable use policy, which supplement our terms of website use.
www.fashionrevolution.org is a site operated by Fashion Revolution CIC (“We”). We are registered in England and Wales under CIC number 8988812 and have our registered office at 19 Dig Street, Ashbourne, DE6 1GF, UK.
We are regulated by the Office of Community Interest Companies.
You may only use this website for lawful purposes and you agree to comply with all applicable laws, regulations and codes of conduct and to be solely responsible for all things arising from your use of this website. You may not use our site:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To submit, post, publish, distribute, send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam) or interfere with anyone’s use or enjoyment of this website.
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our site in contravention of the provisions of our terms of website use.
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our site;
- any equipment or network on which our site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our site; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
USER GENERATED CONTENT
- You understand that all information, including your name and email address; data, including your IP address and other personally and non-personally identifiable information we collect about you through this website, including information we collect from your social media profiles if you access this website through our social media channels; or other content of any kind, uploaded, posted, made available, shared or transmitted by you or another user to or through this website (each and all of the foregoing, “User Content”) is the sole responsibility of the person from whom such User Content originated. We do not control such User Content and do not make any guarantee whatsoever related to such User Content. By using this website, you may be exposed to User Content, as well as material uploaded, posted, made available, shared or transmitted to or through this website by us, that is offensive, indecent or objectionable.
- Any material you upload to our site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary, and we have the right to use, copy, distribute and disclose to third parties any such material for any purpose including but not limited to using your content on social networking sites, our website, our partners’ websites, and within e-newsletter communications. We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any material posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
Under no circumstances will we be liable or responsible in any way to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any content posted by you or any other user of our website. You will ensure that any User Content which you contribute to the website will be accurate (where it states facts) and be genuinely held (where it states opinions).
While we have no obligation to review, monitor, display, accept or exploit User Content, we may, in our sole discretion, delete, move, re-format, edit, alter, distort, remove or refuse to exploit User Content at any time, for any reason, without notice or liability to you or any other party.
- By submitting or posting your User Content to or on the Website, you grant us, and our affiliates, agents, third party partners, and assignees a worldwide, non-exclusive, irrevocable, sublicensable, transferable and royalty-free license in perpetuity to host, display, transmit, distribute, reproduce, modify, edit, translate, copy, create derivative works from, store, archive, cache, sell, promote, sublicense and otherwise your User Content in any and all manner and media, whether now known or hereafter devised, and you release all moral rights and similar rights in and to your User Content. If you do not wish to grant us these rights, please do not send or post your contribution to this website or to Fashion Revolution.
- You must not post or send any material, images, videos or other contribution to this website or to Fashion Revolution, or to any social media streams which automatically link to our website, which you do not have permission to use.
- You further perpetually and irrevocably grant Fashion Revolution the unconditional right to use your name, persona and likeness included in any User Content and in connection with any User Content. We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our website constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
By sending or posting a Contribution you warrant that:
- your Contribution does not infringe any person’s intellectual property rights, which include any copyright, moral rights or trade mark rights;
- you have necessary permission from everyone in a picture or video and that permission has been obtained from the parent or legal guardian of any children.
You should give careful consideration before making public any personal information about yourself or anyone else, especially anything that could identify a child or young person.
- Fashion Revolution does not endorse any Contribution or any opinion, statement, or advice expressed by users of this website. To the fullest extent permitted by law, Fashion Revolution expressly disclaims all liability in connection with any Contributions made by users of this website.
These content standards apply to any and all material that you contribute to our website (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit and the letter of the following standards. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
- Be accurate (where they state facts).
- Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
- Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Make available or otherwise transmit that User Content containing unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, promotional materials, spam, junk mail, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or any other form of solicitations.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trademark of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal activity.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person, company, organisation, NGO, trade union, or governmental body.
- Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement, computer misuse or any damage to property.
Suspension and termination
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of this acceptable use policy through your use of our site. When a breach of this policy has occurred, we reserve the right to do any or all of the following actions (without notice), as we deem appropriate. Any action that we take is without prejudice to any our accrued rights.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our site.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities, Internet service providers, or other authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
Changes to the acceptable use policy
We may revise this acceptable use policy at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in this acceptable use policy may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our site.